Posts Tagged happy birthday
Happy 70th to my dad!
Posted by Barniferous in Life in Canada on December 30, 2016
December 28, 2016 marked my father’s 70th birthday. Since my dad is a regular reader of this blog and a recurring character, I have decided to post links to some of my favourite stories that he has been a part of.
- Pulling rank – when my dad accidentally interfered with my sister talking to American soldiers
- Meeting of the families – my parents meet The Penpal’s parents – somehow both fathers wore the same hat
- Kaiten Zushi – my dad’s first time trying conveyor sushi
- Final adventures 2004 – where my dad has a beer with a stranger in the park
- Canadian parents on the loose – my dad gets the hotel staff to demonstrate the automatic parking garage
- Osaka Castle with my parents – my dad bravely tries on samurai costumes in front of a golden tiger
- Kiyomizu Dera with my parents – my parents try to walk between the famous love stones in Kyoto
- No bathing suits in the onsen!? – my dad and I immerse ourselves in Japanese culture and extremely hot water
- Translating for my dad – my dad tries to have a conversation with a taxi driver in Osaka
- Izakaya with my dad – after a busy trip to western Japan, we relaxed with a few cold beers at an izakaya in Numazu
The stories on this blog only give a small look at my father – he is an avid music lover, tai chi practitioner, former gymnastics coach, science fiction fan, Tim Horton’s aficionado, and an international traveler. He is also the kind of person who will snowblow the neighbours driveway or make a special trip into Winnipeg to help with my car.
Happy birthday dad!
April 4, 2005 – Happy Birthday to my Sister!
Posted by Barniferous in Life in Japan, Visitors on April 4, 2015
Happy 25 to my sister! Check out some highlights of her adventures in Japan from last summer here:
- July 3, 2004 – Pulling Rank
- July 4, 2004 – Meeting of the families
- July 5, 2004 – We can’t go to Daiei anymore
- July 5, 2004 – Pachinko and passports
- July 7, 2004 – Final adventures
April 4, 2004 – Happy birthday to my sister
Posted by Barniferous in Life in Japan on April 4, 2014
Happy birthday to my awesome sister! You may be 24, but you still look 18.
There is a new video rental place in the Noborito area. I ventured out in the rain to check it out, but due to the grand opening promotion everything good was already rented. The only other “productive” thing I did all day was to go to the supermarket for some groceries. I treated myself to a really small, really cheap steak from the supermarket. Japanese beef is just not the same.
(2014 Update) There is some very good beef in Japan. However, the discount supermarket beef I bought would have been better used in a stew or curry instead of for grilling.